Thank you for sharing in worship with us today.
Old friends, new friends and first-time visitors
are all love by God and are welcome here with open arms.
To our first time visitors, here are some helpful things to know:
* The bathrooms are downstairs at the back (west) side of the fellowship hall.
* Children are very welcome to stay here with us as part of the family. There are fun bags available for them to use during the service, just ask an usher.
* Sunday School for anyone 12 & up meets in the South Room at 9:00 a.m.
* Sunday School for children begins at 9:30 am.
* Pastor Kathie is available to visit and answer questions. Call or text her at 309-255-4193
*Tracking Our Stewardship
United Presbyterian Church of Biggsville
101 West Adams Street
P.O. Box 189
Pastor Kathie Whitson
Cell Phone - 309-255-4193
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
FB - Kathie E. Whitson
Monday * Friday * Saturday
*All day Tuesdays
Appointments available, call her cell phone
Announcements for the week of December 8, 2019,
Who you gonna call...
For pastoral visits and general church information call Pastor Kathie, cell phone 309-255-4193 or at the church 309-627-2091
For building issues or access to the church call Craig Rima at 309-221-4222
To add something to the bulletin call Sara Hull at 209-337-0585 or email her at email@example.com
*The devotional These Days is available in the back of the sanctuary. Large print copies are available.
*Mildred Anderson recycles cans for her Widow's Mite project. Please place the cans in the collection bin located at the south ramp entrance. Please, no beer cans. All proceeds are given to the church.
We are the body of Christ
The Church Staff
Head of the Church Jesus Christ
Pastor Kathie Whitson
Treasurer Elizabeth Turley
Secretary Sara Hull
Organist Marilyn Simmons
Custodian Craig Rima
Chair, Ladies Aid Gloria Jones
1st Sunday of the month, Deacons
2nd Sunday of the month, Trustees
3rd Sunday of the month, Session
Committees to join
Prayers of the People
...For Gloria & Frank Jones and the days ahead
...For Ray Shafer and and his family during the days ahead
...For Mike Lindo in Ankey
...For David and Nancy Galbraith,Bob Scott, Mark Shafer, Janet Lindo and Scott Whitson, for strength and Health
...For those battling cancer: Toni Mudd, Kim Johs, Mavrick Daniels
...For those who are unable to leave their homes: Jim Work, Wilma Sloan, Betty Sterett and Wilma Sloan
FIRST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH
*Shepherd's table is back on schedule this week. Macy Bengewill be fixing dinner
* December 15th following the morning service everyone is welcome to the second Cookies & Carols Celebration. Once again Vince Whiteman and Scott Whitson will lead us singing carols while we enjoy sweet treats and hot chocolate.
*For those wanting to send cards & letter to Mike Lindo his address is:
c/o On With Life
715 SW Ankeny Pd.
Ankeny, IA 50023
* If you or your family would like to participate in the lighting of the Advent candles during December, please sign up.
To the members of the United Presbyterian Church, Biggsville. The Session of BUPC has called a congregational meeting to be held on Sunday morning December 15th during the morning worship service. The purposes of the meeting will be to 1) amend the by-laws to change church officers from tri-cameral boards to bicameral boards; 2)election of officers for 2020.
Steve Graham, Vince Whiteman, Scott and Kathie Whitson invite you to come hear them sing with their choirs.
Friday December 13,7 pm Buchanan Community Chorus at First Christian Galesburg, See Pastor Kathie for tickets.
Saturday December 14th, 3:00 pm Buchanan Community Chorus Faith United Presbyterian Monmouth. See Pastor Kathie Kathie for tickets.
Sunday December 22, 4:00 pm Ecumenical Singers 40th Anniversary Christmas concert at Church of the Immaculate Conception Monmouth.