Thank you for sharing in worship with us today.
Old friends, new friends and first-time visitors
are all love by God and are welcome here with open arms.
To our first time visitors, here are some helpful things to know:
* The bathrooms are downstairs at the back (west) side of the fellowship hall.
* Children are very welcome to stay here with us as part of the family. There are fun bags available for them to use during the service, just ask an usher.
* Sunday School for anyone 12 & up meets in the South Room at 9:00 a.m.
* Sunday School for children begins at 9:30 am.
* Pastor Kathie is available to visit and answer questions. Call or text her at 309-255-4193
Tracking Our Stewardship
Year To Date $ 12,779.00
Last Week 986.00
Received Year to Date 13,765.00
United Presbyterian Church of Biggsville
101 West Adams Street
P.O. Box 189
Pastor Kathie Whitson
Cell Phone - 309-255-4193
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
FB - Kathie E. Whitson
Monday's 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday's 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Mornings until 11 a.m. Monday - Wednesday
All day Tuesdays
Appointments available, call her cell phone
Announcements for the week of April 14, 2019
Who you gonna call...
For pastoral visits and general church information call Pastor Kathie, cell phone 309-244-4193 or at the church 309-627-2091
For building issues or access to the church call Craig Rima at 309-221-4222
To add something to the bulletin call Sara Hull at 209-337-0585 or email her at email@example.com
The devotional These Days is available in the back of the sanctuary. Large print copies are available.
Mildred Anderson recycles cans for her Widow's Mite project. Please place the cans in the collection bin located at the south ramp entrance. Please, no beer cans. All proceeds are given to the church.
We are the body of Christ
The Church Staff
Head of the Church Jesus Christ
Pastor Kathie Whitson
Treasurer Elizabeth Turley
Secretary Sara Hull
Organist Marilyn Simmons
Custodian Craig Rima
Chair, Ladies Aid Gloria Jones
1st Sunday of the month, Deacons
2nd Sunday of the month, Trustees
3rd Sunday of the month, Session
Committees to join
Janet Lindo and Mark Shafer for continued strength and healing
Jim Work - Warren Achievement, Monmouth Il
Ermadean Hull, and Betty Sterett,
Oak Lane Nursing Center, Stronghurst
Mary Ruth Surber - Monmouth Nursing Home Death of her daughter-in-law
Those battling cancer: Rev. Melisa Bracht- Wagner, Jennifer Oliver Lafary,
Kim Johs, one -year old Maverick, David Galbraith
David Fish, Whitson's brother-in-law in advancing ALS
Ray Shafer and Scott Whitson for strength.
Great Rivers Presbytery
1230 W. Candletree Dr., Suite D
Peoria, Il 61614
Prayers of the People
Tidbits of infor that are always good to know....
Shepherd's Table - is underway. Please see the sign up sheet to sign up for a night to cook.
Communion will be held the first Sunday of the month.
*Maundy Thursday Services on April 18th. This service will immediately follow the
Shepherd's Table meal. The United Methodist Church have been invited to the meal and service. Dinner at 5:30 pm
* See the new April Calendar for up-coming meetings and events
*Good Friday Service on April 19th at the United Methodist Church 6:30 p.m.
*Saturday April 20th - Mavrick's Army Trivia Night. Doors open at 5 pm and Trivia starts at 6 pm at Mama's in Oquawka. The cost is $10 per person. To show support for Patty Daniels and Jody Bishop, a team from the church is being created.
* Monday April 22 will be Mary Ruth Surber's 101st birthday. To send he well wishes mail cards to:
Mary Ruth Surber
117 S. I Street
Monmouth, IL 61462
* Annual Birthday Party will be on April 28th at 2:00 pm. Please sign up to bring cakes or pies for the auction
* Session Tuesday April 16th here at the church at 7:00 pm